The Designed to STEAM Online Course includes 4 training modules and 3 big bonuses. Each training module contains (3) 15-minute video lessons and 5-6 downloadable worksheets. Here’s exactly what you’ll find inside…
Getting the basics of the STEAM approach under your belt.
- LESSON 1: The STEAM Process
- LESSON 2: STEAM Lesson Planning
- LESSON 3: STEAM Assessments
Downloadables: Sample lesson plans, assessments, lesson templates, and a STEAM program guide
The essentials you need to start building some STEAM.
- LESSON 1: Designing your STEAM Roadmap
- LESSON 2: Structures & Organization in the Classroom
- LESSON 3: Using the Design Process
Downloadables: STEAM Roadmap, Structures Checklist, STEAM-Designed Cheat Sheet
Creating and implementing STEAM and Makerspaces
- LESSON 1: How to Find Time for STEAM
- LESSON 2: Who Does What in a STEAM Lesson?
- LESSON 3: Implementation Steps for the STEAM Process
Downloadables: STEAM Planners, Tasklist, and Implementation Guide
How to get buy-in and connect with school priorities
- LESSON 1: Feedback and Adjustments
- LESSON 2: Getting Others on Board
- LESSON 3: How to Connect with Other Initiatives (PBL, Common Core, IB)
Downloadables: Feedback Forms, Partnership Packet and Email Scripts, STEAM Connections Cheat Sheet
Bonuses designed to propel your STEAM efforts
- BONUS 1: STEAMKit PD zip file
- BONUS 2: No Permission Required Book
- BONUS 3: Organization Kit
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
This PD course comes with all of the following:
10 hour PD Certificate
12 Streaming Video Lessons
14 Downloadable Handouts
Slidedeck & Video Downloads
Your Personalized PD Certificate
At the completion of the PD course, each participant will be provided a certificate of professional development for 10 hours, often suitable for district CEUs and recertification needs.
Please check with your school or district on the transferability of PD hours into CEU credits.
**PA, NY, and TX residents – we are an approved PD provider.**
“Thank you for presenting such a clear, organized way to begin using STEAM in the classroom. I feel a lot more confident in my goal to integrate more STEAM activities into my room this year than I did when I first set out to accomplish this goal. I am looking forward to the other online courses on the site!”
Meet Your Instructor
Susan is the Founder and CEO of EducationCloset. As an arts integration and STEAM specialist, Susan has taught over 2,000 educators how to harness the creative mindset in their classrooms while maintaining integrity to the arts. She is an internationally-recognized author, speaker, educator and passionate advocate for arts integration and STEAM. In this new training, Susan shares her 12+ years of experience to provide you with the support you need in the rapidly shifting 21st century classroom.