Lauren Hodson | November 2016
Thanksgiving Internet Scavenger Hunt
I use Thanksgiving Internet Scavenger Hunt with Google Classroom, but there are many platforms out there that you can use. If you are treating this as a race, make sure that there is a timestamp available.
This is a Thanksgiving Themed Paste-A-Pic Scavenger Hunt. Students copy and paste images from an internet search. It is broken into categories: History, Food, and Festivities. This reinforces the ability to search for accurate information and images. Enjoy!
- 3 Pics of Foods Found at the First Thanksgiving
- Who wanted Turkey to be the National Bird of the United States?
- Which President declared Thanksgiving a National Holiday?
- Route the Pilgrims Sailed
- What did the Pilgrims Sail In
- 2 Historical Paintings of what the First Thanksgiving might have looked like
- 2 Towns Named Turkey, Their Location, and State
- 4 Uses for Leftover Turkey
- An Interesting Thanksgiving Meal
- 4 Types of Pie
- 2 Ingredients in Cranberry Sauce besides Cranberries
- What state is the top-turkey producer?
- World’s Largest Turkey
- 4 Top-Cranberry Producing States
- Pic of the Largest Pumpkin Pie
- 3 Pics of Deflated Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Floats
- 1 Pic of a Cornucopia
- 2 Football Teams who have never played on Thanksgiving
- The First Football Teams to play on Thanksgiving Day, 1922
- 3 Pics of what you will be doing on Thanksgiving
EducationCloset Thanksgiving Link:
- An Arts Integrated Thanksgiving Project by By Dyan Branstetter
- Happy Thanksgiving By Susan Riley
- Five Reasons We Are Grateful For By Susan Riley
- I’m Thankful for the Healing Power of Music By Deirdre Moore
- What’s New with #K12ArtChat By Matt and Laura Grundler