During the month of December, we’ve been sharing some great books and resources for arts integration. Just in case your Arts Integrated wish list isn’t long enough, today I’d like to share a list of must-have music resources for those who would like to explore integrating music into literacy classroom!
As we all begin to wrap up 2014 and look forward to the new and exciting possibilities of 2015 we have outlined 8 innovative resources that are worth a “deep dive” in 2015. These resources and more will be featured at our 2015 STEAM Connectivity Conference. For more information and […]
I was recently admiring a collection of “Winter Cards” made by a colleague’s 2nd and 3rd grade students. It turns out the teacher was inspired by something he’d seen on Pinterest, construction paper pine trees spattered with white paint “snow”. He wanted the students to practice their friendly letter writing […]
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite tools for use in and out of the classroom. ThingLink offers the ability to take any static image and transform it into an interactive, vibrant learning experience. I love having students use it to document their discovery process – I have them use […]
This month we will be exploring Standard_5: Develop and refine artistic technique and work for presentation
Anchor standard 5 focuses on the artistic process of performing with the component of embody. The enduring understanding is how dancers use the mind-body connection and develop the body as an instrument for artistry and […]
Check out these great resources to get you started with using Arts Integration
- The Art of Integration: A Vision for What Education COULD Be
- What is Arts Integration?
- How to Start an Arts Integration Program
- Arts Integration is a SNAP
- Look Fors in an Arts Integration Lesson
- 5 Shades of Integration
- Ways to Integrate Art and Math in an Elementary Classroom
- Arts Integration Lesson Plans
- Arts Integration Lesson Planner
STEAM is a powerful way to connect the Arts with STEM. Here are a few informative articles that will help speed up your learning curve.
Common Core is here – are you ready? Here are a few things we made to help you integrate the arts with these new standards.
- The Common Core are Just Standards
- Common Core and the Arts Rubric
- Ultimate Common Core and the Arts Resource
- Common Core and the Arts Video Collection
- Common Core and the Arts Quick Tip
- The Difference between Standards and Standardization
- The Great Common Core Hoax
- Common Core and the Arts Overview Video
- Process vs. Product Video
- Student Learning Objectives and the Arts