When I began this year I figured since I have already built one full comprehensive dance program at the high school level, it shouldn’t be too hard to replicate it. Boy, was I wrong. I attempted to teach the same way, with the same curriculum, and same structure which had […]
Today is a special day here at EducationCloset. For months, I’ve been working on a special project just for you. I’m offering a 3-part video series crafted to support your specific needs in Arts Integration. Unlike anything I’ve ever provided before, I’m sharing my personal journey in Arts Integration (the good, […]
In preparation for Music in Our Schools Month, we are reposting this article on the importance of advocating for the arts as core content areas in our schools.
Let me put on my advocacy hat for a moment. This stems from a recent conversation I had in which the arts were […]
Since we just finished up our Arts Integration and STEAM through Early Childhood online workshop, I thought it would be a great time to share an arts integration lesson seed focused on our youngest learners. Today’s lesson idea is combining a Common Core Math Standard and a Visual Art Standard […]
Every now and then life hands you an experience that helps not only to inspire you but also to affirm something you believe deeply. I recently had the pleasure to witness a truly gifted musician at a local coffee shop who did just that for me, Vicki Genfan.
What was really […]
Check out these great resources to get you started with using Arts Integration
- The Art of Integration: A Vision for What Education COULD Be
- What is Arts Integration?
- How to Start an Arts Integration Program
- Arts Integration is a SNAP
- Look Fors in an Arts Integration Lesson
- 5 Shades of Integration
- Ways to Integrate Art and Math in an Elementary Classroom
- Arts Integration Lesson Plans
- Arts Integration Lesson Planner
STEAM is a powerful way to connect the Arts with STEM. Here are a few informative articles that will help speed up your learning curve.
Common Core is here – are you ready? Here are a few things we made to help you integrate the arts with these new standards.
- The Common Core are Just Standards
- Common Core and the Arts Rubric
- Ultimate Common Core and the Arts Resource
- Common Core and the Arts Video Collection
- Common Core and the Arts Quick Tip
- The Difference between Standards and Standardization
- The Great Common Core Hoax
- Common Core and the Arts Overview Video
- Process vs. Product Video
- Student Learning Objectives and the Arts