It’s been established that art can serve as text to align to or interact with ELA standards, but today I want to explore a little more deeply exactly what that might look like in an elementary music classroom. Just as the Common Core is a departure from curriculum that […]
Communicating and expressing your ideas to convey your STEAM vision, direction, message, or insight are all part of your job as an effective STEAM leader. Public speaking to others in meaningful ways, whether that is your leadership team, your staff, or your community, can motivate others to the next level of performance. Motivation is […]
Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream.
That’s a popular easy-to-sing tune many people know which makes it a great song to use in the classroom. When I was teaching first grade I used it to line my students up […]
Next week, we will be offering our second Online LIVE Event for Reading and Art Comprehension Strategies. We’re so excited that Lisa and Jenny will be sharing some ideas for tying these two areas together in a way that honors both contents individually. As our way of preparing for that event, […]
There are some definite aspects of dance education that are in need of simple memorization, however, once the memorization has occurred how do we work the concepts into the critical thinking process? This week I am working on composing a midterm for my students, but I want it to […]
Check out these great resources to get you started with using Arts Integration
- The Art of Integration: A Vision for What Education COULD Be
- What is Arts Integration?
- How to Start an Arts Integration Program
- Arts Integration is a SNAP
- Look Fors in an Arts Integration Lesson
- 5 Shades of Integration
- Ways to Integrate Art and Math in an Elementary Classroom
- Arts Integration Lesson Plans
- Arts Integration Lesson Planner
STEAM is a powerful way to connect the Arts with STEM. Here are a few informative articles that will help speed up your learning curve.
Common Core is here – are you ready? Here are a few things we made to help you integrate the arts with these new standards.
- The Common Core are Just Standards
- Common Core and the Arts Rubric
- Ultimate Common Core and the Arts Resource
- Common Core and the Arts Video Collection
- Common Core and the Arts Quick Tip
- The Difference between Standards and Standardization
- The Great Common Core Hoax
- Common Core and the Arts Overview Video
- Process vs. Product Video
- Student Learning Objectives and the Arts