Tis the season to be grateful! It is also a season of generosity, of giving back to those who have given to you and sharing your wealth with others. I am very grateful to have found this field of work about which I am so passionate and am very grateful […]
Integrating the arts can happen in a variety of ways. One of the most effective pathways towards arts integration and STEAM is through reading. Today, we’re sharing our list of 15 must-have books for your classroom library that serve to inspire and jumpstart an arts integration or STEAM lesson.
While many […]
Grading will always be a topic of debate, but what happens when the grading policy is in opposition of your ethical beliefs? As educators, the grades we assign are based on the students’ abilities to prove mastery in the standards and expectations of our subjects. And we have been hired as […]
“A good teacher is like a candle- it consumes itself to light the way for others.”- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
As Thanksgiving approaches, as I look at my colleagues, I see candles all but consumed by parent-teacher conferences, meetings, report cards, chorus concerts, and new educational initiatives. I see teachers who are […]
Recently, I was walking down the hallway of an entrepreneur incubator space and I was watching a start-up CEO “pitch” their ideas to a group of colleagues and mentors. I was fascinated to watch the CEO practice presenting his ideas and receive real-time feedback with the goal of one day […]
Check out these great resources to get you started with using Arts Integration
- The Art of Integration: A Vision for What Education COULD Be
- What is Arts Integration?
- How to Start an Arts Integration Program
- Arts Integration is a SNAP
- Look Fors in an Arts Integration Lesson
- 5 Shades of Integration
- Ways to Integrate Art and Math in an Elementary Classroom
- Arts Integration Lesson Plans
- Arts Integration Lesson Planner
STEAM is a powerful way to connect the Arts with STEM. Here are a few informative articles that will help speed up your learning curve.
Common Core is here – are you ready? Here are a few things we made to help you integrate the arts with these new standards.
- The Common Core are Just Standards
- Common Core and the Arts Rubric
- Ultimate Common Core and the Arts Resource
- Common Core and the Arts Video Collection
- Common Core and the Arts Quick Tip
- The Difference between Standards and Standardization
- The Great Common Core Hoax
- Common Core and the Arts Overview Video
- Process vs. Product Video
- Student Learning Objectives and the Arts